Sunday, October 26, 2008

Reports of Serious Drug Reactions Hit Record

One was Pfizer's anti-smoking medication
RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR
WASHINGTON (AP)

Submitted by Matanah (Chicago)

A health industry watchdog group reports that a record number of serious problems and deaths linked to medications were reported to the government in the first three months of this year.

An analysis of federal data by the nonprofit Institute for Safe Medication Practices shows that the Food and Drug Administration received nearly 21,000 reports of serious drug reactions, including over 4,800 deaths. The group analyzed quarterly data going back to 2004, and yearly totals dating to the 1990s.

Two drugs accounted for a disproportionately large share of the reports early this year. One was Pfizer's anti-smoking medication, Chantix, and the other was heparin, the tainted blood thinner from China that caused a safety scandal.

See: Reports of serious drug reactions hit record

1 comment:

tifaeny said...

Hay my brotha's and sista's
Myself I'm allergic to newspapers
especially the Obituary part, OK.

I quess their would be drug reactions if the Medicine Humans consume is really Poision?
Petro, Anti freeze DUH!
I'm a Ex-Nurse and current cashier with plenty sense, my job description just ring people out and keep your mouth shut, Ok
Well me being me
if a customer asks is this ok to take, Eye tell them look at all those ingredients, scary
Do you know what ingredient that's listed on this box is the same ingredient that's used for coolant in your Car Engine?
Many customers just say
ooh yeah looking like
It ain't POISION?
My reply
Don't let ya government fool you Know don't get me wrong Eye 2 use to take OTC meds, until I finally woke up into REALITY.
ooh and by the way before I quit the nursing business Eye asked the
doctor do he believe in Cures
His reply
Oooh Daffany they don't work for everybody?
My reply
You ain't going to keep profiting off of Poison long Dr. K, you know good and well what ingredients goes in Pills,
Mr. Rich Man
and my name isn't Daffany
it's Tiffaney
Don't Forget

Just keeping it real
these are True Babylon Stories
of mylife on Earth
As a mother I teach my kids how to read labels and side affects
they are told if ya see the
side affect my cause or contribute to Death that's on you if you take it remember Life is to be
Everlasting
Don't get put in the
Obituary!
of course they say
Mommy you are going to get kicked out of Babylon
I always say Good, they can evict me at anytime of the Day, OK